Thinking about buying a piano, but need more information? We offer a FREE, no-pressure Piano Buyers Class! We offer a group class every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 5:30 pm or you can call to schedule a personal session during store hours.
We know how frustrating it can be to get good, solid, and complete information about buying pianos on the web. There are a lot of partisan opinions out there. Without being able to actually touch and listen to specific pianos yourself, with your own eyes and ears, it’s easy to let the anxieties of people on the web convince you anything short of a $25,000 grand piano will leave you disappointed. Nothing could be further from the truth! This class gives you the knowledge and skills to better assess your own needs for an instrument – it empowers you in the buying process.
This is a GREAT way to start your journey to find the perfect piano – you get a lot of information, very quickly, and have the opportunity to ask questions. We’re not asking you to take our word as gospel truth – we encourage you to do other research to feel comfortable and confident in the buying process.
The 1 Hour Piano Buyers Class Covers:
- The major parts of the piano – soundboard, bridge, hammers, dampers…
- New vs. Used
- Upright vs. Grands
- Buying vs. Renting
- Acoustic vs. Digital Pianos
- Rebuilding vs. Refurbishing vs. Refinishing
- What makes one piano better than another.
- How to tell if a piano sounds good – learn what type of sound YOU prefer!
- Listen to 10 or more pianos, side-by-side – you’ll be surprised by how much difference there is!
- Instantly learn easy chords and scales for testing the sound of any piano!
- The Pros and Cons of Craigslist
- Piano Maintenance 101
- What to look for in a store or manufacturer’s warranty.
- The pros and cons of different finish styles.
- Where to place the piano in your home – dimensions of different pianos, importance of humidity control, how far from heat ducts and windows, etc.
- How to help your students succeed and enjoy their piano.
- Background information on the major piano manufacturers
- What to watch out for with stores and craigslist / private sellers.
- The costs and benefits of adding a modern player system to your piano, like PianoDisc, QRS, or Piano Force.
- A brief, no-pressure explanation of our products and services.
- Navigating the internet for better quality sources of information – what to look for and what to avoid.
NOT a Sales Session!
if you do wish to rent or purchase a piano from us, we strongly recommend scheduling a follow-up appointment. There’s so much information in the class, you brain will probably be overloaded! Even after learning so much about pianos, you’ll want at least 60 minutes to try a wide range of our pianos, to choose your favorite. We suggest coming back with a fresh brain for that process.
We offer this class so that more families are successful with their piano – if we don’t think about future pianists, we won’t have anyone to sell pianos to!