What We Do For Each Piano:
- Tune the piano, and fine-tune it right before it goes out.
- Fully inspect piano: action, bridge, soundboard, pinblock, dampers, etc.
- Space & shape the hammers
- Adjust hammer alignment and travel
- Level & square keys
- Adjust lost motion & let off
- Adjust blow distance for optimal aftertouch
- Regulate dampers
- Polish & lube keypins & capstans
- Tighten action screws, lube action centers
- Clean & polish keys
- Case cleaning, polishing, staining, and repair (if necessary)
- Anything else that is necessary!
Although new pianos don’t need as much cleaning, they do need to be adjusted – they’re usually not optimal “right out of the box.” We make sure each piano – new or refurbished – is brought up to its ideal state for playing.